[Gluster-devel] Progress on getting distaf as test framework for glusterfs-3.8?

Vishwanath Bhat vbhat at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 15:41:46 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi MS and Jonathan!
>
> During DevConf.cz we spoke a little more about getting distaf ready for
> prime time. Features that are proposed for GlusterFS 3.8 will be
> expected to provide distaf test-cases. These test-cases should show the
> standard functionality of the feature, and will help in detecting (or
> hopefully preventing) breakage when more features get merged.
>
> Could you inform us of the current status of distaf that we as Gluster
> Community will be using for this? Have you made any progress on getting
> a regular (weekly?) distaf job in the CentOS CI already?

I was successfully able to do a dry run of the distaf within centos infra.
I am writing a wrapper to request for nodes and then release them once
tests are done. But I was able to run testcase without any other issues. I
hope to get this complete by Monday evening. Once that is done, we need to
trigger the job through Jenkins, which shouldn't take much effort.

But since there are no extra disks in the servers, I am working around by
using the 'force' option in volume create. But it would be better to have a
disk which we can provision for our use. This might take some time since it
needs to be done from the centos-ci side.

> Obviously it would help if you can link any presentations, videos or
> other documentation bits. We should be working on a simple HOWTO in the
> developer section on https://gluster.readthedocs.org/ as well.

Yes, Once I complete this, I will be writing a HOWTO and a screencast. The
video I had hasn't properly recorded the sound, so if needed I will make a
video as well. But HOWTO and a better README is the first step.

Best Regards,
Vishwanath