[Gluster-devel] Release 3.10 feature proposal : Estimate time to complete rebalance

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 16:31:39 UTC 2016

Thanks Nithya for proposing this feature request for 3.10, this is the
first one to hit the lists :)

I have a few questions/comments,

1) I marked this as a backlog for distribute, which it is (as I am a
co-maintainer for distribute, else would have deferred this to the
appropriate maintainer(s) (a note for future requests))

2) I marked this against the must fixes focus area, partly because it
does not fit anywhere else (and is possibly user experience related),
and partly because this has been in the pipeline for a long time. (again
took the action being ne of the co-maintainers for distribute)

3) Assigned this to you, so that in the future for 3.10 release status I
can ping you for updates on its progress (let me know if someone else
intends to develop the feature).

4) We still need a spec for the same (even one that is basic), here [1],
post which I can mark this for the 3.10 release milestone in github

Thanks,
Shyam

[1] Gluster specs: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs