[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] CFP for Gluster Developer Summit

Raghavendra G raghavendra at gluster.com
Mon Aug 29 06:44:26 UTC 2016

Though its a bit late, here is one from me:

Topic: "DHT: current design, (dis)advantages, challenges - A perspective"

Agenda:

I'll try to address
* the why's, (dis)advantages of current design. As noted in the title, this
is my own perspective I've gathered while working on DHT. We don't have any
existing documentation for the motivations. The source has been bugs (huge
number of them :)), interaction with other people working on DHT and code
reading.
* Current work going on and a rough roadmap of what we'll be working on
during at least next few months.
* Going by the objectives of this talk, this might as well turn out to be a
discussion.

regards,

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 8:27 PM, Arthy Loganathan <aloganat at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 08/24/2016 07:18 PM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
>

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Arthy Loganathan < <aloganat at redhat.com>
> aloganat at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to propose below topic as a lightening talk.
>>
>> Title: Data Logging to monitor Gluster Performance
>>
>> Theme: Process and Infrastructure
>>
>> To benchmark any software product, we often need to do performance
>> analysis of the system along with the product. I have written a tool
>> "System Monitor" to collect required data like CPU, memory usage and load
>> average periodically (with graphical representation) of any process on a
>> system. This data collected can help in analyzing the system & product
>> performance.
>>

> A link to this project would definitely help here.
>

> Hi Atin,
>
> Here is the link to the project - https://github.com/aloganat/
> system_monitor
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Arthy
>

>> From this talk I would like to give an overview of this tool and explain
>> how it can be used to monitor Gluster performance.
>>
>> Agenda:
>>   - Overview of the tool and its usage
>>   - Collecting the data in an excel sheet at regular intervals of time
>>   - Plotting the graph with that data (in progress)
>>   - a short demo
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,
>>
>> Arthy

> --