[Gluster-devel] doubts in using gf_event/gf_msg

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 12:08:45 UTC 2016

It is possible to overload gf_lg/gf_msg to send events to local eventsd.
But we have to do additional parsing if we need to select the logs to
convert as events. If we introduce new API, then it is not different
from existing wrt adding events code in multiple places. But if it helps
in sharing the host/port and other information(which we are discussing
to support client events), I can give it a try(Move gf_event inside
logging infra)

regards
Aravinda