[Gluster-devel] wrong volume status report

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Mon Sep 7 00:42:17 UTC 2015

I wrote a simple nagios plugin in C that calls gluster volume status to
check taht all bricks are online (is it of any interest to someone else
than me? What name would you expect for it? Does check_gfbricks looks
sane?)

The thing periodically reported offline bricks and I did not understood
why, until I realized that the peers all run the test at the same time,
and hence may fail to lock the volume because another peer already holds
the lock.

It seems that a failed lock acquisition is reported as offline bricks
for the peer. The simple workaround is to not check at the same time,
but perhaps the reported data could be improved?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz
manu at netbsd.org