[Gluster-devel] Automated bug workflow

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri May 29 16:51:26 UTC 2015

Hi all,

today we had a discussion about how to get the status of reported bugs
more correct and up to date. It is something that has come up several
times already, but now we have a "BIG solution" as Pranith calls it.

The goal is rather simple, but is requires some thinking about rules and
components that can actually take care of the automation.

The general user-visible results would be:

 * rfc.sh will ask if this patch it the last one for the bug, or if more
   patches are expected
 * Gerrit will receive the patch with the answer, and modify the status
   of the bug to POST
 * when the patch is merged, Gerrit will change (or not) the status of
   the bug to MODIFIED
 * when a nightly build is made, all bugs that have patches included and
   the status of the bug is MODIFIED, the build script will change the
   status to ON_QA and set a "fixed in version"

This is a simplified view, there are some other cases that we need to
take care of. These are documented in the etherpad linked below.

We value any input for this, Kaleb and Rafi already gave some, thanks!
Please let us know over email or IRC and we'll update the etherpad.

Thanks,
Pranith & Niels

Etherpad with detailed step by step actions to take:

    https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-automated-bug-workflow

IRC log, where the discussion started:

    https://botbot.me/freenode/gluster-dev/2015-05-29/?msg=40450336&page=2