[Gluster-devel] Contributing to glusterFs

Akarsh Hegde akarshhegde340 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 16:05:22 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone,

After attending a workshop on GlusterFs and Open source softwares organised
by RedHat, i am highly motivated to learn more about glusterFs and how can
i join this community and contribute to make this software better.

I would like to introduce myself first and tell something about my
interests so that the community can guide me better as to where can i get
started. I am a student in my final year of my Bachelor s degree. I have
knowledge of C, C++, Python, Java and several other languages. I am
interested to learn more about memory management and file system design . I
have had some experience with another open source project PostgreSQL. I
learned about the various modules in postgresql and the various replacement
policies used in it. However i could not contribute anything due to less
guidance and busy schedule.

I would like to learn about glusterFS and how i can be a help this
community. For starters it would be really helpful if i could be guided to
understand more about how glusterFs works . I would like to start by trying
to patch some easy bugs which would help me gain deep understanding of the
system.So if someone could point that out for me, it would be wonderful
kick start.

Excited to be a part of this community!

Thanks in advance

Regards,