[Gluster-devel] cluster syncop framework

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 03:45:14 UTC 2015

hi,
     For implementing directory healing in ec I needed to generalize the
cluster syncop implementation done in afr-v2 which makes things easy for
implementing something like self-heal. The patch is at
http://review.gluster.org/10240
Please feel free to let me know your comments.
http://review.gluster.org/10298 uses this frame work to implement
directory/name self-heal in ec. Re-implemented metadata self-heal in ec
as well using this framework.

Most important things to look at are the following macros:
FOP_ONLIST - Performs the fop on the list provided in parallel
FOP_SEQ - Performs the fop on the list provided sequentially
FOP_CBK - Common cbk implementation which stores the replies from each
of the subvolumes.

I have cced the people who I know have used barrier framework which is
used to implement this.

One interesting thought for future is  to use this frame work in I/O
path and measure the performance difference. If the performance
difference is not a lot, we can probably use this heavily, because it
makes things really easy.

Pranith