[Gluster-devel] Multiple verify in gerrit

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Thu Apr 2 04:18:28 UTC 2015

Hi

I am now convinced the solution to our multiple regression problem is to
introduce more "Gluster Build System" users: one for CentOS regression,
another one for NetBSD regression (and one for each smoke test, as
exaplained below).

I just tested it on http://review.gluster.org/10052, and here is what
gerrit display in the verified column
- if there are neither verified=+1 or verified=-1 cast: nothing
- if there is at least one verified=+1 and no verified=-1: verified
- if there is at least one verified=-1: failed

Therefore if CentOS regression uses build at review.gluster.org to report
results and NetBSD regression uses nb7build at review.gluster.org (later
user should be created), we acheive this outcome:
- gerrit will display a change as verified if one regression reported it
as verified and the other either also succeeded or failed to report
- gerrit will display a change as failed if one regression reported it
at failed, regardless of what the other reported.

There is still one minor problem: if one regression does not report, or
report late, we can have the feeling that a change is verified while it
should not, and its status can change later. But this is a minor issue
compaed to curent status.

Other ideas:
- smoke builds should also report as different gerrit users, so that a
verified=+1 regression result does not override verified=-1 smoke build
result
- when we get a regression failure, we could cast the verified vote to
gerrit and immediatly schedule another regression run. That way we could
automatically workaround spurious failures without the need for
retrigger in Jenkins.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz