[Gluster-devel] Documentation of features in 3.6

Vijay Bellur vbellur at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 11:57:07 UTC 2014

Hi All,

We are aiming to document all new features,  CLIs, perceivable behavior
change or troubleshooting procedures for new features in admin-guide before
3.6.0 GA happens.

Here is a list of features from 3.6 that already have documentation on
their usage updated in admin guide:

1.  Disperse - available at [1]
2.  Volume snapshots - available at [2]
3.  barrier - available at [2]
4.  user serviceable snapshots - available at [2]

I don't think the below features need updates in admin guide as there is no
perceivable admin/user experience change:

5. persistent-AFR-changelog-xattributes
6. RDMA_Improvements

We also have these features that might require an admin-guide update. Can
the feature owners update admin-guide if necessary?

7. better-ssl - Jeff?
8. heterogeneous-bricks
<http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/heterogeneous-bricks>
-
Jeff?
9. glusterd volume locks - Avra?
10. better-logging - Shyam, Nithya ?
11. better peer identification - Kaushal ?
12. afrv2 - Pranith?

Thanks,
Vijay

[1]