[Gluster-devel] inode lru limit

Raghavendra Bhat rabhat at redhat.com
Fri May 30 08:54:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

Currently the lru-limit of the inode table in brick processes is 16384.
There is a option to configure it to some other value. The
protocol/server uses inode_lru_limit variable present in its private
structure while creating the inode table (whose default value is 16384).
When the option is reconfigured via volume set option the
protocol/server's inode_lru_limit variable present in its private
structure is changed. But the actual size of the inode table still
remains same as old one. Only when the brick is restarted the newly set
value comes into picture. Is it ok? Should we change the inode table's
lru_limit variable also as part of reconfigure? If so, then probably we
might have to remove the extra inodes present in the lru list by calling
inode_table_prune.

Please provide feedback

Regards,
Raghavendra Bhat