[Gluster-devel] Initiative to increase developer paritcipation

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Fri May 30 03:08:34 UTC 2014

hi,
    We are taking an initiative to come up with some easy bugs where we can help volunteers in the community to send patches for.

Goals of this initiative:
 - Each maintainer needs to come up with a list of bugs that are easy to fix in their components.
 - All the developers who are already active in the community to help the new comers by answering the questions.
 - Improve developer documentation to address FAQ
 - Over time make these new comers as experienced developers in glusterfs :-)

Maintainers,
     Could you please come up with the initial list of bugs by next Wednesday before community meeting?

Niels,
   Could you send out the guideline to mark the bugs as easy fix. Also the wiki link for backports.

PS: This is not just for new comers to the community but also for existing developers to explore other components.

Please feel free to suggest and give feedback to improve this process :-).

Pranith