[Gluster-devel] Rackspace regression testing: ready for initial usage

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu May 29 02:21:46 UTC 2014

Hi all,

There's a new "rackspace-regression" testing testing project on Jenkins:

  http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression/

This one runs regression testing jobs on specially set up Rackspace
VM's.  Two of them atm, but I'll setup more over next few days as
weird kinks get worked out.

Please submit regression jobs to them.  They'll update Gerrit with
+1/-1/"MERGE CONFLICT" as appropriate, exactly the same as the normal
regression project.

Some differences from the normal project:

 * Gluster is build using --enable-debug on the ./configure line

   Hopefully helps with investigating problems. :)

 * The state dir is in /var instead of /build/install/var

   This helps with permissions of /build (jenkins:jenkins),
   as otherwise sudo needs to be embedded in scripts in weird
   ways.

 * Source for the build system is here:

   https://forge.gluster.org/gluster-patch-acceptance-tests

Feel free to send through merge requests for build system improvements
and stuff.  Also, if anyone needs access to the build VM's themselves,
just let me know.  Happy to provide root pw. :)

Given a week or two of usage and working-out-any-weirdness, hopefully
we can use this approach instead of the old regression project.

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift