[Gluster-devel] Chnage in exit codes of #gluster volume heal command

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Wed May 28 17:10:55 UTC 2014

> In addition, I would recommend considering using --xml and that
> picking out the field you want to look at with a quick xml parser, and
> then going with that directly. More stable than watching for a
> specific return code.

Parsing XML to get one bit of information doesn't seem like a great
idea.  If the script needs exact counts then sure, parse away, but if
all it needs to know is whether any are non-zero then what's wrong
with having that reflected in the exit code?  That's far easier for a
script to interpret, and there's plenty of precedent for using exit
codes this way.