[Gluster-devel] Switching from OpenSSL to PolarSSL

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Tue May 27 13:57:28 UTC 2014

> I think the main question regards CentOS support, with further questions
> about Debian/Ubuntu support.

I believe CentOS would leverage the EPEL support.  PolarSSL is already
packaged for Debian (Wheezy) and Ubuntu (Trusty) so we should be set.

> If we have to ship PolarSSL packages with our releases to support major
> distros, is that too much of a burden?

Nothing we haven't had to deal with before, but so far I think RHEL
(without EPEL) is the only distro that even has a problem.  This being
an upstream mailing list, I think I can safely say that one downstream's
problems don't change what's best for the project as a whole.