[Gluster-devel] A tool to check the integrity of the .glusterfs dir on a brick?
Niels de Vos
ndevos at redhat.com
Mon May 26 10:23:58 UTC 2014
Pranith and Xavi were discussing a bug that caused a directory symlink
under <brick>/.glusterfs/<1st-part-gfid>/<2nd-part-gfid>/<full-gfid> to
be missing. For bugs like this, it might be useful to have a tool that
checks the integrity of the .glusterfs directory structure on a brick.
Some simple things that it could check:
- a brick has a .glusterfs directory
- the root of the brick has a 000...001 GFID
- a .glusterfs/<1st-part-gfid>/<2nd-part-gfid>/<full-gfid> should either
be a symlink (for a directory) or a hardlink (link-count >= 2)
- the trusted.gfid xattr should match the <full-gfid>
- any file not under .glusterfs should have a trusted.gfid and that GFID
is available under the .glusterfs directory
By default, such a tool should only report issues, and not fix them. Not
all issues might be fixable by checking one brick anyway.
Is anyone aware of such a tool? Should we provide this?
More information about the Gluster-devel