[Gluster-devel] Log level readability in gluster logfile

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon May 26 08:40:39 UTC 2014

On 05/19/2014 11:08 AM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I would appreciate if you can go through the patch [1] and let me know
> whether this makes sense or not.
>
> [1] http://review.gluster.org/#/c/7790/

This change has a very good potential to break log parsers/analyzers of
glusterfs that are already out there. For example, I think the fluentd
plugin for glusterfs [1] might get affected if this change gets merged.
It would be good to think more on how we can bring about this change in
a non-disruptive manner.

-Vijay

[1]
https://github.com/keithseahus/fluent-plugin-glusterfs/blob/master/lib/fluent/plugin/in_glusterfs_log.rb