[Gluster-devel] New project on the Forge - gstatus

Vipul Nayyar nayyar_vipul at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 19:18:30 UTC 2014

Hello,

Thanks Avati for your suggestion. I tried studying the output generated my the meta xlator. One of the problems that I'm facing is that in order to enable latency measurement with meta, I need to write '1' into the the file .meta/measure_latency. But due to some reason I'm not able to do that. I don't get any permission error while writing. But the text written in the file is always the default one. So far I've only been able to change the digit by hard coding it in the meta source and building it again. I ran glusterfs under gdb and set a break point on  measure_file_write(). The redacted gdb output can be found at http://fpaste.org/104770/

As you can see when I try to write 1 (echo 1 > measure_latency) into the file, the data received in iov is "1\n" which gives the correct value in num and this->ctx->measure_latency. But somehow, measure_file_write is called again with data iov="\n\n". Therefore I feel that this write process is not doing it's job properly. If you think that I've made some mistake please do notify me.

Regards
Vipul Nayyar