[Gluster-devel] Need inputs for command deprecation output

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Fri May 16 01:45:58 UTC 2014

On 05/16/2014 06:25 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> Hi,
>     As part of changing behaviour of 'volume heal' commands. I want the commands to show the following output. Any feedback in making them better would be awesome :-).
>
> root at pranithk-laptop - ~
> 06:20:10 :) ⚡ gluster volume heal r2 info healed
> This command has been deprecated
>
> root at pranithk-laptop - ~
> 06:20:13 :( ⚡ gluster volume heal r2 info heal-failed
> This command has been deprecated
When a command is deprecated, it still works the way it did but gives
out a warning about it not being maintained and possible alternatives to it.
If I understand http://review.gluster.org/#/c/7766/ correctly, we are
not supporting these commands any more, in which case the right message
would be "Command not supported"

-Ravi