[Gluster-devel] Spurious failures because of nfs and snapshots

Anand Avati avati at gluster.org
Fri May 16 01:00:44 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <
pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:

> hi,
>     In the latest build I fired for review.gluster.com/7766 (
> http://build.gluster.org/job/regression/4443/console) failed because of
> spurious failure. The script doesn't wait for nfs export to be available. I
> fixed that, but interestingly I found quite a few scripts with same
> problem. Some of the scripts are relying on 'sleep 5' which also could lead
> to spurious failures if the export is not available in 5 seconds. We found
> that waiting for 20 seconds is better, but 'sleep 20' would unnecessarily
> delay the build execution. So if you guys are going to write any scripts
> which has to do nfs mounts, please do it the following way:
>
> EXPECT_WITHIN 20 "1" is_nfs_export_available;
> TEST mount -t nfs -o vers=3 $H0:/$V0 $N0;

Always please also add mount -o soft,intr in the regression scripts for
mounting nfs. Becomes so much easier to cleanup any "hung" mess. We
probably need an NFS mounting helper function which can be called like:

TEST mount_nfs $H0:/$V0 $N0;

Thanks

Avati