[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] User-serviceable snapshots design

Paul Cuzner pcuzner at redhat.com
Tue May 6 01:57:29 UTC 2014

Just one question relating to thoughts around how you apply a filter to the snapshot view from a user's perspective.

In the "considerations" section, it states - "We plan to introduce a configurable option to limit the number of snapshots visible under the USS feature."
Would it not be possible to take the meta data from the snapshots to form a tree hierarchy when the number of snapshots present exceeds a given threshold, effectively organising the snaps by time. I think this would work better from an end-user workflow perspective.

i.e.
.snaps
\/ Today
+-- snap01_20140503_0800