[Gluster-devel] Default behavior of remove brick op

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 10:11:14 UTC 2014

Ohh my bad, it was by mistake !! Thanks Justin.

Hello gluster-devel list,

The current implementation of remove brick op has its default behaviour as "force" which leads to data loss when remove brick is executed with out any explicit argument. (BZ - 1046284)
I have a question to the community about whether we should make the default behaviour as "start" or should we only allow explicit arguments to be provided in remove brick command to proceed the operation or block it with error message.
I feel the first approach is better as most of the other commands also have some default behaviour without any explicit options, however would appreciate community's opinion about it.

Regards,
Atin

You'll be wanting to send to gluster-devel, not
gluster-devel-owner. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--