[Gluster-devel] Issues with IBoIP and 1GBe enviroments

brian spallholtz brian.spallholtz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:14:05 UTC 2014

I am having some issues with gluster 3.4.4 and a mixed IB and 1GBe
environment.

I want the servers in the cluster to do all their inter server
communication over IPoIB. The clients need to be able to connect over IPoIB
or 1GBe depending on their server configuration.

When I peer probe the cluster using the IPoIB addresses I can only mount
using the glusterFS client over IPoIB nodes. When mounting with nodes that
only 1GBe to the 1GBe address the mount fails.  The same nodes are able to
mount the same volume over NFS over 1GBe.  However, when using NFS, the
automatic fail over doesn't work.  When I peer probe the same servers using
the 1GBe addresses, I can mount over IB,1GBe,NFS,GFS it all works except
inter server communication seems to be capped at 1GBe speeds.

Any thoughts?  Should the automatic fail over work in NFS? Should I be able
to mount over GFS using IB and 1GBe addresses?

--
V/r
Brian P Spallholtz