[Gluster-devel] can glfs_fini ever succeed?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 21:49:10 UTC 2013

I'm trying to use glusterfs-api, but ran into some questions on usage
(currently targetting Fedora 19's glusterfs-api-devel-3.4.1-1.fc19.x86_64).

It looks like glfs_fini() starts with 'ret = -1' and never assigns ret
to any other value.  This in turn leads to odd error messages; I
explicitly coded my application to warn about a negative return value,
but see:

warning : virStorageBackendGlusterClose:52 : shutdown of gluster failed
with errno 0

which contradicts the docs that say errno will be set on failure.

Is this a bug where I should just ignore the return value as useless?