[Gluster-devel] Fuse mount option: enable-ino32

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 08:49:19 UTC 2012

On 09/15/2012 11:15 PM, Steve Bakke wrote:
> All,
>
> Just compiled and installed the Sept 15 git which includes the fuse mount option enable-ino32 patch.
>
> Then on the server:
> gluster volume fred set enable-ino32 on
> Note: volume info prints out nfs.enable-ino32: on, which I guess is ok???

The volume option is for the NFS-server only. It does not affect the
GlusterFS-native mount, therefore there is no need to set this option for the
volume.

> On client:
> mount -t glusterfs -o enable-ino32 1.2.3.4:/fred mntfs

This is the correct usage.

> Mounts, but still returns wrong entries, using the test program below.  This program works fine with using nfs mount, and with nfs.enable-ino32 on server.  However for other reasons must use native client.
>
> Do I need to do something else??

Are you using the version with the patch on the client? The conversion of the
64-bit to 32-bit inodes is done client-side, not server-side. This makes it
possible for clients to choose if they want/need 32- or 64-bit inodes.

Cheers,
Niels