[Gluster-devel] Re-exporting NFS to vmware

沈允中 kimula at cht.com.tw
Thu Jan 6 02:20:54 UTC 2011

Hi All:
I wanted to use GlusterFS as a share storage to connect with vmware.
But the nfs protocol had a poor performance when the scalability got larger.(I have 20 servers as a GlusterFS)
So I figured out a way when I saw the wiki of Ceph
http://ceph.newdream.net/wiki/Re-exporting_NFS

I think that I can add a middle-converter between vmware and GlusterFS.
It can connect with vmware by nfs and mount GlusterFS by glusterfs.
Here is the architecture I thought.......
[cid:image003.png at 01CBAD8B.93A7D3E0]
And then I had a problem. The middle-tier is OK to connect with GlusterFS by glusterfs protocol.
But the errors happened when vmware connects with middle-tier by nfs protocol.
The vmware cannot mount middle-tier by nfs at the first time.
Even if vmware can mount the middle-tier by nfs, it cannot see the data in the GlusterFS.
It can only see the data(directory) in the middle-tier

Does anyone have the same problem as I ?
How do you solve this thorny problem?
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Sylar Shen