[Gluster-devel] glusterfs 2.0rc2?

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Feb 25 14:32:55 UTC 2009

The "first access" bug appears to still be occuring with 2.0.0rc2. The FS
is inaccessible on first access, if performed quickly after mounting (e.g.
when shell scripted).

Specifically, in the case of GlusterFS OSR, the init script mounts gluster
to /mnt/newroot, and then tries to bind mount
/mnt/newroot/cluster/cdsl/<nodeid> to /mnt/newroot/cdsl.local. This fails
claiming the directories don't exist. However, if I add something like "ls
-la /mnt/newroot/cluster > /dev/null" before the bind mount, the bind mount
then succeeds.

Gordan