[Gluster-devel] AFR between freebsd and debian linux

Michael Grant mgrant at grant.org
Sat Jul 26 13:42:10 UTC 2008

I'm trying to get Brandon Lamb's example from May 1 2008 working on my
server.  (http://www.mail-archive.com/gluster-devel@nongnu.org/msg04021.html)

I started with just a simple client/server though and I'm having some trouble.

On the debian side of things, I created a client and server to mount
the remote brick1 from the freebsd side.  However, when I mount it,
this is what I get:

# glusterfs -f test.vol /mnt
fuse: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first

When the debian box boots, it dutifully reports this:

I tried the 'modprobe fuse', here's what it says:

# modprobe -V fuse
module-init-tools version 3.3-pre2

but the glusterfs still fails.  What am I missing?

Michael Grant