[Gluster-devel] changed storage node IPs, now glusterfsd refuses to connect (authentication?)

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Fri Apr 4 14:17:36 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Continuing on my cavalcade of successfully breaking Gluster (hehe :) ),
here's another scenario.  I changed the IP addresses of my storage
nodes in order to test them on a different physical network (i.e.
throughput and overhead tests).

After altering the appropriate lines in the client and server configs,
as well as modifying my DNS zone file, i attempted to re-start
glusterfsd on my storage nodes. Unfortunately, this was not
successful.  The logs indicated this : "error=Authentication failed"

Full pastebin'd enty :
http://pastebin.ca/971063

And, yes, i changed the auth.ip.*.allow lines in the server configs.

Is there an authentication cache somewhere that i can clear, or a
toggle i can set, or ...?

--
Daniel Maher <dma AT witbe.net>