[Gluster-devel] a way to build glusterfs 1.3.3 on freebsd-current

Oleg Gorokhov slayer at yandex-team.ru
Wed Oct 3 10:00:44 UTC 2007

... if someone wants to build last glusterfs (both client and server)
there are some issues that should be settled before compilation ends
with success.

[*] Fetching and untarring glusterfs 1.3.3 from gluster.org:
[root at slayer:p3][/u/slayer]# tar zxvf glusterfs-1.3.3.tar.gz

[*] Optional step: installing gcc422 (last stable):
[root at slayer:p3][~] cd /usr/ports/lang/gcc42; make install; make clean

[*] Installing depended libs and headers: argp.h from gnu C library:
[root at slayer:p3][~] cd /usr/ports/devel/argp-standalone; make install;
make clean

argp-standalone-1.3 Standalone version of arguments parsing functions
from GLIB

[*] Installing depended libs and headers: fuse libs 2.7.X (at least this
version in port freebsd system):
[root at slayer:p3][~]  cd /usr/ports/dsysutils/fusefs-libs; make install;
make clean

fusefs-libs-2.7.0_1 FUSE allows filesystem implementation in userspace

[*] Patching some strange things: for gcc int32_t C type combinations
(in attached patch file), in other words - just changing with int32_t (I
do not know actually the real meaning to user int32_t - platform
independancy?), some unknown define statements.

[*] Configuring and making with following script:

#!/bin/sh
make clean
./configure --disable-ibverbs LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib
-I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include" LIBS="-lpthread -liconv -largp
-lexecinfo" CC=gcc42 CXX=g++42
make CFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -I/usr/include
-I/usr/local/include"  LIBS="-lpthread -liconv -largp -lexecinfo"
CC=gcc42 CXX=g++42

Did anyone try to use glusterfs in production or almost-production
environments?

2glusterfs developers: It is a pity that such simple patch could not be
maintained by your team, at least, glusterfs freebsd ports will increase
testing glusterfs on freebsd.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Gorokhov