[Gluster-devel] performance

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 6 18:10:53 UTC 2007

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Anand Avati wrote:

      Ok, It the very basic example, nothing fancy.

sever

volume brick
   type storage/posix
   option directory /home/sdm1
end-volume

volume server
   type protocol/server
   subvolumes brick
   option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
#  option client-volume-filename /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol
   option auth.ip.brick.allow *
end-volume

client

volume client
   type protocol/client
   option transport-type tcp/client
   option remote-host x.x.x.x
   option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

The option remote-host IP has been change to protect the inocent.  But
the real address works.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |I'm continually amazed by mankind's seemingly
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |infinite capacity for stupidity.    Me