[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.0-pre2.2: AFR setup

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Sun Mar 4 15:38:30 UTC 2007

Krishna Srinivas wrote:
> Hi Gerry,
>
> Could not really understand the requirements for your setup.
>
> Have you gone through the documentation?
> http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_User_Guide#Automatic_File_Replication_Translator

Hi Krishna,
  Yes, this is the document I'm using.  Let me describe in plain english
what I need.  I want to be able to setup a webserver farm using a
clustered filesystem.  In this way /var/www will be the same exact copy
on all nodes.  What is written to /var/www on any node should be
replicated to the local storage brick on all the other nodes.  This will
simplify synchronizing all the webserver files and provide good
performance because the webserver files will be local to each node.
  Can AFR do this?  Because in reality wouldn't all the nodes be both
master nodes and mirror nodes.  If not AFR, then how can I do this?

Thanks,
Gerry