[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS Example

Matt Paine matt at mattsoftware.com
Tue Jul 31 03:49:26 UTC 2007

Hi Nathan

> Wow, you should put this on the wiki, this is a very clear example. I can
> see how this can work, but does it need to be that hard to setup? How hard
> would it be to add functionality to AFR where you only need to specify the
> number of copies you want and the scheduler takes care of the rest?

Possibly - i'll let the devs work that out - for the moment this is how
I would do it. Personally i think AFR works great and I woudln't want to
add any more complexity to it (afr does not do scheduling). If the devs
think its a good idea i'm sure they will go for it. At the moment it
might be a pain, but we are working on a management interface which will
make things extremely easy (point and click in a web browser, fantastic :)

Matt