[Gluster-devel] AFR and Selfheal

Matt Paine matt at mattsoftware.com
Mon Jul 2 00:32:38 UTC 2007

> Self-heal feature has been introduced in 1.3.0 pre5 release. Selfheal
> tracks the file updation
> using external attributes on the files. Hence xattr support is needed
> by the backend filesystem.
> Most filesystems (ext3 xfs reiserfs) support extended attributes.

Fantastic. Thankyou guys for all your hard work.

I've been lacking time to work on or test glusterfs, but this week i'll
be checking out pre5 and running the self heal through some tests

I think i speak for almost everyone when I say this is the functionality
we've all been waiting for :0

Thanx once again
Matt.