[automated-testing] CentOS-CI not pulling latest patches committed to glusto resulting in build failure

Kshithij Iyer kiyer at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 14:46:10 UTC 2019

Hi Nigel,
Thank you for the advise.
However I have observed that there is one other issue with CentOS-CI or the
Jenkins job(Not sure of what is wrong!), the domain names are not properly
configured which leads to [1]. '*hostname -s*' is the command which is used
to fetch network short names, however while running it on CentOS-CI it
returns only *n16* instead of returning *n16.dusty. *This happens
because *`hostname
-s`* splits the hostname till the first *. (dot) *due to which it only
returns a part of the actual network short name which causes the peer probe
to fail with "*peer probe: failed: Probe returned with Transport endpoint
is not connected" *error*.* The solution to this problem could be to
configure the domain name such that *`hostname -s` *returns *n16-dusty *instead
of *n16.dusty *by replacing the *.(dot) *with a

*-(dash). *[1]:
https://ci.centos.org/job/gluster_glusto-patch-check/1058/artifact/glustomain.log

Thanks,
Kshithij Iyer