[automated-testing] Request for Aborting the job

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Thu Jun 21 13:41:54 UTC 2018

I've been seeing two kinds of hangs that are causing this
* Bad tests that take a lot of time and hang.
* The logging ansible script that doesn't seem to complete and hang.

I'm going to get the automation to exit as soon as it sees the first
failure, reducing the chance for the first part. It won't eliminate them
completely. The second part, I honestly have no idea what's going on. I
plan to upgrade ansible in the test environment today. The next time this
happens, I intend to look into what's going on in detail.

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 4:57 PM Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 5:50 PM, Sanju Rakonde <srakonde at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Team,
> >
> > CentOS-CI Jenkin Job was stuck for below Job.
> > https://ci.centos.org/job/gluster_glusto-patch-check/464/
> >
> > @Nigel : Could you please kill the above job.
> >

> I am seeing this request often - is this due to reduced capacity in
> CentOS CI or, something else? Always requiring a human intervention
> for an activity seems sub optimal.
>

> --
> sankarshan mukhopadhyay
> <https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>